Friday, 10 December 2010

My Labors of Love

Yes, I know I disappeared again, and what with all the promise of comics from thought bubble (don't fret! they're still being drawn!) I thought I'd just post some photos of what's been sucking my time from me recently - I wanted to share the awesome! I was asked by one of the school houses I work in to create a couple of photo backgrounds for the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Themed Formal...
 So... this one took me 25 hours over a week (as well as working full time) This was hung above the year 11's table - and may possibly be bought by the photographer (fingers crossed I could do with some cash!)
 This one took me 33 hours over a week. OH MY GOD it was a bit of an epic task. also consider that I was only giver poster paint. (POSTER PAINT!?!) to use and that I also had to create the canvas myself by nailing a huge bit of fabric to a board and then prime it... I haven't included those hours... If you can't tell what it is, it's our own design on the edible room in Willy Wonka's factory!
And the sweetie tree! I didn't make this, but I stuck all the quality street to it!? lol. I just thought that it looked lovely :) The kids bought me a massive bouquet of floweres to say thank you and I had a blast! So yes, I am alive and more photos/comics will be coming soon!

1 comment: